Wine specs

Growing location: Neive, Barbaresco wine-growing area, Langhe, Piedmont, Italy.
Altitude: 278 metres a.s.l.
Surface area planted: 15 hectares (37 acres)
Cru: “ Starderi”
Classification: D.O.C.G. Red
Grape-variety: 100% Nebbiolo
Harvest: around mid-October
Yield: 5 tons/ha
Winemaking and maturing: fermentation in steel at a controlled temperature. At the end of the process, 70% of the wine matures for three years in casks of French oak holding 10- 20 Hl, and the remaining 30% in new barriques made of French Allier oak for around two years. They are than blended to make a single wine, and bottled.
Bottle ageing before release: at least 8 months in the cellar.

Technical data
Alcohol: 13.5 %
Residual sugar: 1.4 g/l
Total acidity: 5 g/l
Dry extract: 27 g/l

Tasting notes
Appearance: the typical garnet red of this varietal in the Langa.
Nose: the characteristic aromas of Nebbiolo, with delicate hints of withered violets and jam mixed with spicy overtones.
Palate: good structure and tannins that are slightly coarse, yet never overbearing. Correct, clean finish.

Other information
Bottle sizes available: 75 cl
Best served at: 18°C (64°F)

Food pairings
Nebbiolo can be appreciated at its very best when its rich, full aromas are matched with pasta with a roast sauce, wine risotto, game and braised meats. Like all great Italian reds, it has gentle acidity and great tannins that allow it to last over time.
Meats: lamb, beef and stews.
Sauces: rich and flavoursome, including mushrooms.
Cheeses: cows’, sheep’s and/or goats’ milk, mature, blue